Biggest load off of my mind in forever. Now I'm writing the Globalization paper, basically trying to discuss how Japanese cyberpunk is essentially a global enterprise so as to prove my two pronged point that Akira and Tetsuo fucking matter. It's going well.
Then there's a translation that I've got due tomorrow, but I just asked for an extension so everything doesn't come down at once. And got it! Monday translation, here I come!
Now for the cool stuff:
- OMG!! Chapter 1 of Jamie Craig's Forsaken is up!! If you like m/m erotica, please go check it out, since I did the "book cover" for it and I'm exceedingly proud to be associated with these two writers and the awesomeness that is their story!
- all because of wickedfox I decided to actually use my Deviant Art Account to upload some... well... stuff. Old manips and wallpapers, and some pictures that, for whatever reason, I haven't uploaded to the lj. Yes, I am a feedback whore. Do they have 12 step for that?
- Neil's parents are arriving tonight for a 4 day stay tonight at 10 pm, and I actually have *help* cleaning the house because D. understands that, while I may seem psycho about cleaning, it's how I deal (and she actually has patience with it). And Neil is chipping in!
And finally, from entrenous88 's choices, the ICON MEME! This time with my horribly bad attempts at haiku. Look, laugh, mock. And if you reply to this post I *WILL* pick your icons, even though my response may be slow.
1. Reply to this post, and I will pick four/five of your userpics.
2. Make a post and talk about the icons I chose. (OR write a fanku or drabble about each of the icons - inspired by icon mood, what it represents to you, or whatever)
3. Other people can then comment to you and make their own posts.
4. This will create a never-ending cycle of icon squee. (YAY)
Oh Laurel K H
You play at being high brow
Yet love crotch of doom
Cage me up, lock me away
my rage is endless
acrobatics and lacquer
Japan I loved you
two boys, men really
all the quiet spaces fill
with little moments
in sunlight, in clouds
never forget who she is
a moment of light