- updated my graphics website with ... well, some of the stuff it needs updated with. Especially fic tributes.
- rescheduled my trip out to Japan via California so that I can go see my dad and co for a couple of days before hand
- watched one of my netflix movies - The Machinist - which wasn't as cool as it should have been given Christian Bale starved himself for it. It pretended towards Memento, but never quite reached the same kind of tension, and was instead all about hard edges and delayed fear and ... at least to me ... almost obvious ending.
- remembered it was father's day (not early enough to figure out a card and get it in the mail or anything, but ... i didn't forget to call dad)
- put almost half of the 2007 summer_of_giles entries into the memories. It's something I've meant to do forever, but since lj has the dumbest system for doing it, it's tedious.
- had good movie night with good friends last night. We saw the new special edition of Blade Runner and it was just as amazing (maybe even more so w/out the silly voice over) as I remembered. And we saw The Prophecy which was, in two words, pretty fantastic. I can't believe I'd never seen it. Erik Stoltz! Christopher Walken!!!!
- actually have a fic to rec on giles_fic_recs (not that there aren't some great ones being produced at SOG, but I figure most people who watch one comm watch the other!)
good things today
As far back as I can remember, I've believed somewhere in the back of my head, at a gut level of knowing-ness, that the stories in books go on…
My maternal Grandfather passed away last week Sunday after celebrating his 98th birthday in April. His passing wasn't entirely a surprise, because…
People have horrible taste. I know because I read the fanfiction they recommend. And it's true that my tolerance for shitty fanfic has lessened the…