now, from tabaqui, a test that measures my taste in art... though I'm not quite sure if it's accurate... not that these things are ever really *accurate*
Your result for What Your Taste in Art Says About You Test...
Non-conformist, Visionary, and Independent
13 Abstract, -12 Islamic, -8 Ukiyo-e, 9 Cubist, -10 Impressionist and -22 Renaissance!
Abstract art uses a visual language of form, color and line to create a composition which exists independently of what may appear to others as visual realities. Western had been underpinned by the logic of perspective and an attempt to reproduce an illusion of visible reality. It allowed the progressive thinking artists to show a different side to the world around them. By the end of the 19th century many artists felt a need to create a 'new kind of art' which would encompass the fundamental changes taking place in technology, science and philosophy. Abstract artists created art that was diverse and reflected the social and intellectual turmoil in all areas of Western culture.
People that chose abstract art as their preferred artform tend to be visionsaries. They see things in the world around them and in people that others may miss because they look beyond what is visual only with the eye. They rely on their inner thoughts and feelings in dealing with the world around them instead of on what they are told they should think and feel. They feel freed from the tendancy to be bound by traditional thought and experiences. They look more toward their own ideas and experiences than what they are told by their religious upbringing or from scientific evidence. They tend to like to prove theories themselves instead of relying on the insight or ideas of others. They are not bound by common and mundane, but like to travel and have new experiences. They value intelligence, but they also enjoy a challenge. They can be rather argumentative when they are being forced or feel as if they are being forced to conform.
and from entrenous88 a long procrastination meme because I'm tired of doing Kaplan work
1. What time did you get up this morning? 11 AM
2. Diamonds or pearls? Um... diamonds? neither really
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Tokyo Gore Police. No kidding.
4. What is your favorite TV show? Right now? True Blood. I like and watch a whole bunch of other shows, and True Blood has it's flaws (lots of them) but I'm really looking forward to watching it more than anything else. It's my not so guilty guilty pleasure.
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? An egg and toast with coffee
6. What is your middle name? Orene
7. What food do you dislike? Cauliflower
8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Gomez, any of the live albums
9. What kind of car do you drive? A falling apart car, seroiusly! A toyota corolla
10. Favorite sandwich? Roast beef with avacado, cheddar, tomato, fresh lettuce on sourdough. Or homeade egg salad. MMMM.
11. What characteristic do you despise? My own tendency to be pedantic.
12. Favorite item of clothing? my black scoop necked top
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Today? Carribean
14. Where would you retire to? Unrealistic - South of France, Realistic - dunno actually, not there yet.
15. What was your most recent memorable birthday? Well I certainly haven't forgotten about the one I had 11 days ago! Fabulous dinner, then fabulous picnic on a beautiful sunny day when I got to have nummy food with great friends and watch them play frisbee and fly kites!
16. Furthest place you are sending this questionnaire? Just LJ.
17. Person you expect to send it back first? not a one... well, maybe if someone is bored.
18. When is your birthday? Oh geeze, um, October 10th!
19. Morning person or a night person? Night person, for SURE. Although sort of a night person that occasionally doesn't mind mornings as long as I can have them to myself.
20. What is your shoe size? somewhere between 8.5 - 9
21. Pets? The beautiful Domino (wonderdog) and Miseur Ash (the evil cat)
22. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? My prof just told me I'm the best TA he's ever had for his class?
23. What did you want to be when you were little? Psychiatrist. Yeah, kidna scary huh?
24. How are you today? Not too bad all things considered
25. What is your favorite flower? Tulips! and birds of paradise, and I'm really in love with gerber daisies lately, and anything kind of odd but vibrant looking, oh, and IRISes! And daffodills, even if we don't get them here.
26. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? Next Saturday, when we get a dog trainer to come and evaluate our puppy and help us with her.
27. What are you listening to right now? Wife Swap. Oh dear. I admitted it out loud.
28. What was the last thing you ate? A chicken sandwich
29. Do you wish on stars? Absolutely. and other things. Just cuz.
30. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Periwinkle
31. How is the weather right now? Sunny and breezy
32. Last person you spoke to on the phone? my old doctor's receptionist.
33. Favorite soft drink? IZZIES. And cherry coke.
34. Favorite restaurant? for breakfast - Kerby Lane, for dinner - Wink
35. Hair color? Red!!
36. What was your favorite toy as a child? Ummm... stuffed animals? Books?
37. Summer or winter? Autumn.
38. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate. Hands down.
39. Coffee or tea? Both! Coffee with lots of cream and sugar, tea with sugar!
40. Do you want your friends to email you back? Always! Oh, um, I mean I want them to forgive me for being a crappy emailer myself.
41. When was the last time you cried? A couple of days ago - sick frustration.
42. What is under your bed? lint.
43. What did you do last night? Watched TV, graded mid-terms, and made two different trips to two different grocery stores for dinner supplies (we thought we had enough potatos, but we didn't)
44. What are you afraid of? oh dear. tons of stuff, mostly not living up to doing what it is I want to do.
45. Salty or sweet? BOTH!
46. How many keys on your key ring? 12 or so. I think. not including clickers.
47. How many years at your current job? um, none. I'm a TA. It's not like it's a yearly thing.
48. Who was the last person you said "I love you" to? Neil. today.
49. Do you make friends easily? Not like I used to.
50. How many people will you send this to? um, the flist? flist! are you out there?
51. How many will respond? not sure really ...
52. Do you like finding out all this stuff about your friends? Always!! I'd love love to read everyone else's, even Tylers! but we'll see who does it...