- i managed to talk about the metanarratives in wife swap when i taught class yesterday
- friday i found out that university of chicago wanted me if i was willing to go there. (of course, this sent me into a 15 minute tailspin, but i am resolved on my LA destination, so it's all ok) flattering as hell though.
- i have been reading wonderful fic in bits and pieces. Revisited serious favorites like Living Conditions (S/X), and Snakes & Ladders (S/X), and new fics (to me) like Transposition (Duncan/Methos) (though wtf is up with highlanders not using lube? eek)
- yesterday i took the day off from thesis writing to work on the weird science project (which, really, isn't taking a day off from the thesis so much as it's working on it in an entirely diferent way). But playing with acrilic gels is FUN
- my sisters actually seem to like me. crazy world. i took a risk and emailed them and ... they actually responded. now i need to write back. soon.
- mechassninja wrote the cutest japanese essay about me in which she was far too flattering, but still... heee.
8 days of happy ( day 6 )
My mom is visiting for a week down here in sunny la-la-land, and so far we've managed to totally goof around without real plans - though we did go…
It's my last year as moderator, it's the 10th year it's been going, it's time again for Summer Of Giles! Yes, you read that right, it's summer again…
if you haven't signed up, days are still available! check it out at summer_of_giles! also posted to katekat on dreamwidth | you can…