- i managed to talk about the metanarratives in wife swap when i taught class yesterday
- friday i found out that university of chicago wanted me if i was willing to go there. (of course, this sent me into a 15 minute tailspin, but i am resolved on my LA destination, so it's all ok) flattering as hell though.
- i have been reading wonderful fic in bits and pieces. Revisited serious favorites like Living Conditions (S/X), and Snakes & Ladders (S/X), and new fics (to me) like Transposition (Duncan/Methos) (though wtf is up with highlanders not using lube? eek)
- yesterday i took the day off from thesis writing to work on the weird science project (which, really, isn't taking a day off from the thesis so much as it's working on it in an entirely diferent way). But playing with acrilic gels is FUN
- my sisters actually seem to like me. crazy world. i took a risk and emailed them and ... they actually responded. now i need to write back. soon.
- mechassninja wrote the cutest japanese essay about me in which she was far too flattering, but still... heee.
8 days of happy ( day 6 )
As far back as I can remember, I've believed somewhere in the back of my head, at a gut level of knowing-ness, that the stories in books go on…
(hey, you try having a good day when yours starts out with the child in the house next to you screaming at the top of their lungs for half an hour…
Went and saw Snow White & the Huntsman with a girlfriend of mine earlier this week, and while I'm glad I saw it because I wanted to satisfy my…