- i managed to talk about the metanarratives in wife swap when i taught class yesterday
- friday i found out that university of chicago wanted me if i was willing to go there. (of course, this sent me into a 15 minute tailspin, but i am resolved on my LA destination, so it's all ok) flattering as hell though.
- i have been reading wonderful fic in bits and pieces. Revisited serious favorites like Living Conditions (S/X), and Snakes & Ladders (S/X), and new fics (to me) like Transposition (Duncan/Methos) (though wtf is up with highlanders not using lube? eek)
- yesterday i took the day off from thesis writing to work on the weird science project (which, really, isn't taking a day off from the thesis so much as it's working on it in an entirely diferent way). But playing with acrilic gels is FUN
- my sisters actually seem to like me. crazy world. i took a risk and emailed them and ... they actually responded. now i need to write back. soon.
- mechassninja wrote the cutest japanese essay about me in which she was far too flattering, but still... heee.
8 days of happy ( day 6 )
As far back as I can remember, I've believed somewhere in the back of my head, at a gut level of knowing-ness, that the stories in books go on…
My maternal Grandfather passed away last week Sunday after celebrating his 98th birthday in April. His passing wasn't entirely a surprise, because…
People have horrible taste. I know because I read the fanfiction they recommend. And it's true that my tolerance for shitty fanfic has lessened the…