Here's the thing... there are very few pretty bras for big girls. The two I wear most consistently right now I bough in Japan. You're not supposed to be able to buy clothing from Japan for people who are not Asian - especially not personal things like underwear. A person who wears an 'a' cup in the states is a 'b' there. Imagine that. And i'm not a small woman, so imagine my surprise when I went into a lingerie shop not expecting to find anything that actually fit. Instead I spent at least $150 on these two adorable, beautiful, comfortable flowered bras I can and do wear with practically everything.
Oh, and I'm terrifed of wearing granny panties. I hope that never happens to me. So instead I go for the cotton girlie prints that have little flowers on them, or are in bright colors, or solids. They're not the sexiest little things in the shop, but they're not the plainest either.
things, things, and more things
going backwards from this evening....
- I spent 8 hours today grading student final projects for my class. We're not done.
- I spent 4 hours yesterday watching final projects (and presenting my own ... which I admit, I am completely pleased about and think it came out frigging cool, check it out here)
- Friday and Saturday I worked on the above mentioned final project, juggling pieces here, tossing pieces there, painting, gluing, printing and cutting. I think I used an entire bag of glue sticks making it all work.
- Oh wait, of course there were the little things like scheduling people to deep clean the carpets, a handyman to do all the little things we haven't gotten to yet, and trips to homedepot to pick up more closet doors.
but wait, here's the to do list for the rest of the week
- clean the house again because the realitor is coming on wednesday (and my Mom is coming for my graduating Thursday)
- schedule my financial aid exit interview
- plan all the logistics for the graduation ceremonies on Friday and Saturday (parking included)
- figure out a dress to wear for graduation (shopping? lol)
- finish submitting grades tomorrow afternoon
- meet with the handyman tomorrow morning
- fix the planting/backyard issues
- submit my registration forms for USC
- call the yard guys so they'll come and take out our overgrown bushes
- finalize summer of giles stuff
- call my dad
- email my sisters
the whiny kate
creatively i'm totally washed out. worked. over. done. I run out of words every time I open a window. There are so many things that crowd the brain and yet I can't seem to actually express them. I'm trying (hence the post above) but I think I need a couple of weeks just to not think for a while.
oh, and in strangly not disconcerting (and yet, on reflection, possibly not good for future job people who are internet savy), Kelsey, an internet machine from my Weird Science class, decided to stalk the whole class and create diaramas based on the information she could find out about people online. She found my livejournal with EASE. I realize that while I don't mind at ALL that people in that class might be able to find my blog and fanart and the like, I should make it slightly harder for someone who is ... say ... interviewing me. Or someone who has an assistant who is web savy (or heck, is a websavy intellectual themselves). Or for my students. I thought I had things locked down, but I found a way to find myself within about 4 clicks from my real name to my livejournal profile. While I can't change everything, and I don't want to friends lock all the time, I am going to have to figure out ways to distance my fandom self from my "RL" self. If anyone has any advice (not the 'delete your livejournal and start another one' advice, but anything that's a step down from that) I'd much appreciate it.
all of that is the long run on explaination as to why I'm in the market for graphics hosting. Does anybody frequent a non-LJ graphics website they like? Especially one that hosts icons in a nice way? I really want to explore new possibilities and I don't know where to look.