Best parts about last week?
1) it ended.
2) our friend Ryan came to visit and was like a breath of fresh air. I miss living in the same city as that guy, because he rocks. Even when he's farting on my head and laughing bout it. It's just too bad that he only came to visit for one day, but I think both Neil & I remembered why we loved living with him in the first place.
3) Going to Maija's house for Halloween (official) and not bothering to do anything but show up and hang out for a couple of hours while she turned the lights off and tried to get kids to stop knocking at her door. It was good just hanging out with a bunch of friends.
Best parts about this week?
1) it's on the way to ending.
2) neither my computer or my car broke.
3) i managed to get my ass into school every day (because after the pile up last week I wasn't sure I was going to make it).
4) I am looking forward to staying at home in the quiet and getting back to my usual schedule tomorrow. And starting the research for my two term papers that are due at the end of the month.
5) I decided to sign up our house to get a vegetable-box from a service that puts together local organic produce. I am SO excited about this - they don't deliver until next week, but I am really looking forward to the challenge of trying to cook with different veggies that I wouldn't ordinarily buy. The best part is that the box is 2/3rds veggies and 1/3 fruit and I'm looking forward to the fruit even more than I am the veggies. The only bad part is that both Neil and D. think that someone is going to steal the box when it gets dropped off. We have an entryway with a door, but it doesn't lock. However, I think it's going to be ok. And I guess we'll just see... if no veggies show up when they're supposed to I'll know.
On the horizon? Even more quotidian stuff: housecleaning, lasagne cooking, and whittering about my research projects. Oh, and memorizing Japanese.
If anyone has ideas how I can combine Japanese fiction & New Media, or has an opinion on good post-WWII Japanese films, I'm looking for help/advice/comments!