1) Tag seven people. Don't refuse to do that. Don't tag who tagged you...
2) People who have been tagged must write their answers on their journal and replace any question that they dislike with a new, original question.
Ok, so, I'm tagging (though seriously, if you don't want to do it, it's totally ok too):
jerakeen, bluemeridian, bruttimabuoni, shehasathree, akavertigo, gray_ghost, mishloran
1. Make a list of 5 things that are in reach:
phone, plate from lunch, tea, puppy chew toy, desk lamp
2. What is your favourite holiday?
Christmas - i love the cooking and the families and the getting to buy presents for people and the warm inside cold outside thing.
3. What is one item of clothing you are embarrassed to still have but love freakishly?
this flannel jammie - it is green and goes to my knees and is seriously dorky but i love it so much and always get excited when it's cold enough to wear it.
4. What do you plan to do after this meme?
read more fic. then possibly read some stuff for homework.
5. What are you listening to right now?
the street sounds from outside my window, and birds, and wind chimes
6. Who was the last person you hugged?
My girlfriend Maija
7. What was the last thing you watched (tv show/movie)?
Daybreakers (via netflix instant streaming) ... which was ... a sort of ok vampire movie. At least the vampires were freaky.
8. What did you do today?
walked dog, made lunch (and tea!) and foofed around online. Oh, and closed my auctions at help_japan so yay!
9. What was the last text message you received?
an invitation to go see Sucker Punch. I am debating the trade off of wanting to see my friends and the fact that it sounds like it SUUUUUUCCCKKKKKKKKKS.
10. What websites do you always visit when you go online?
email (school and personal), LJ, dreamwidth, netflix, alc.co.jp and jisho.org (translation sites) and our library site
11. What is your next big planned purchase?
does tuition for summer school count?
12. Late riser or early bird?
sort of in between? i can't sleep too late because the puppy, but she doesn't actually wake me up like most dogs do
13. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
hopefully successfully beginning a tenure track job
14. Which languages do you want to learn?
japanese? *grin* and i've always wanted to learn french
15. What are you doing this weekend?
chores. last weekend was exciting. this one involves homework.
16. Are there any movies in the theatre you'd like to see at the moment?
not really... I just saw the terrible awesomeness that was Red Riding Hood last weekend
17. What's the one thing you need the most now?
friends. and i'm lucky, i've got 'em.
18. Are you a creeper?
not usually. but when i get tipsy i'm handsy?
19. What was the last thing you ate?
scrambled egg bagel sandwich with fresh tomato and cheddar cheese and bacon. yum.
20. What are the books that are closest to you? (if more than five, just name five)
James Fuji's Complicit Fictions
Haratoonian's Postmodernism and Japan
Copeland's Woman Critiqued: Translated Essays on Japanese Women's Writing
Copeland's The Modern Murasaki
Suzuki's Narrating the Self
also posted to dreamwidth | you can reply here or there | um, but don't worry, i'm still an lj girl