- deviled eggs
- these Blue cheese & pear tarts (except that we used crescent rolls instead of phyllo shells and I totally forgot the creme)
- this Balsamic and Dijon Glazed Ham with Roasted Pearl Onions
- this Apple and Sausage Stuffing (but used rosemary as the primary herb)
- these Roasted Carrots and Parsnips (but used sprigs of rosemary as herb)
- some Muffin pan potato gratin (with added gruyere cheese between the potato layers)
- and a Pumpkin spice cake with honey-cream-cheese frosting
(and then, when we had everything again the next day, we also did orange-cranberry sauce!)
And, a Turkey Day Picspam:
|elizabuffy and amber!
|deviled eggs (they do not last long with me around)
|eb & pear/blue cheese tarts
|me & eb!
|mom & domino!
|amber chopping ... apple? i think apple
|the four ladies!
|the four ladies and a man (this is boy!housemate for the curious)
|DINNER! (and dessert)
|four women at griffith park
|the view at night from the observatory|
As you may have noticed from the image up there (and the pics) I got to celebrate my turkey day with elizabuffy & my mom & amber! We had an amazing time - lots of eating, lots of (slightly unplanned) car riding, a planetarium show, an awesome silent movie, a bbc sherlock marathon, and seriously amazing company. Sadly EB & Amber took off this morning for other parts, but I get to keep mom for a couple more days. My brain is offline enough that I can't come up with the perfectest words to express how awesome the entire couple of days were, so you'll have to just take my word for it. For all this? I'm thankful.
*hugs you all*
also posted to dreamwidth | you can reply here or there | um, but don't worry, i'm still an lj girl