- First, got slight food poisoning from a sandwich I bought yesterday - no tummy upset, but I was in the bathroom for most of the evening yesterday (so much fun). had a lurching moment this morning, but luckily just a lurch.
- I get rolling this morning, but the dog isn't interested in breakfast, so that's a worry.
- She has a terrifying bowel movement (there's a phenomenon called raspberry jam. i saw it. it was scary).
- However, I have to go to class.
- I decide to use housemate's travel mug and manage to pour like a quarter cup coffee down my front on my way to school.
- Get to school to realize I've forgotten the corrected tests I needed to give the prof for the class I'm TAing for.
- Hop back in car, drive home, pet dog, pick up tests, make it back to school only half an hour after class has started.
- Come home, call vet for dog, and schedule her to be dropped off for ultrasound.
- Results of ultrasound are that yep, she has colitis (her colon is not doing well - it's all enlarged and weirdly lumpy). There's a medicine she can take for 5 days that will hopefully make it all better (antibiotics, yay)
- Vet also did an xray, and discovered she has a small calcium (or something) deposit under her spine near her tailbone. it's not affecting anything *right* this second, but will probably at some point. Treatment here is a series of shots (starting at 2 a week for 2 weeks, going to 1 a week, then 1 every other week, forever) ... each shot costs $50 -- that would blow my food budget for *me* much less her, so yeah, can't do that. OR they have a stem cell therapy that only costs like $1,800 and will help her for like two years. yay.
- Get a dog with a totally shaved tummy back.
The bright side of the day?
- dog ate dinner and her medicine
- Vet gave me the x-ray for free (though i had to pay $300 for the ultrasound)
- i found the text i'm reading for Japanese crit theory class wed online
- the boyfriend had a weird day too?
yeah, that's all i got for the moment. i think i'm calling it. hopefully this was enough this week and this is not a sign of things to come.
also posted to katekat on dreamwidth | you can reply here or there